Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Domestic EV Charge Point Installation:
In the vast majority of cases the installation will be completed within the quoted cost, however there are occasionally circumstances where the standard installation in not suitable. This may be due to the domestic electricity distribution board being a greater distance from the desired charge point location, requiring more than the standard 10m cable, or structural circumstances that mean additional wiring is required. In such circumstances, the installer will provide an estimate for the additional work that is required to complete the installation, and the costs will need to be agreed prior to the installation being carried out.
Therefore, if you think there may be any issues that could inhibit a standard installation from being conducted, please let us know at the earliest opportunity.
GLYD's installation package includes:
- A 2.5-3 hour installation slot - standard installs commonly take just over 2 hours
- Attaching of the charging socket to a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure, such as a pillar.
- Up to 10 metres of black cable clipped to the wall horizontally or vertically (as required) between the electricity supply distribution board and the charging socket.
- The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charging socket.
Conditions and Limitations:
- The charger only connects to Wi-Fi via a 2.4ghz bandwith. All routers with 5ghz must disable the 5ghz on this installation. This is the responsibility of the homeowner NOT the installer.
- Extra cable length above 10 metres will be charged at £15.00 per metre.
- If the cable needs to run under floorboards or ceilings you may incur additional costs related to the additional time required. If you believe this might be the case we request that you send us images of the installation area prior to installation. The cost of the extra works will be agreed prior to installation with your GLYD installer.
- All installs and surveys are booked on an AM or PM appointment basis, whilst we will endeavour to accommodate any requirements, we cannot guarantee a specific time.
- Please inform us if your meter or consumer unit is not located on an external wall. (eg. if we drill through this wall will we be outside the house?)
- OLEZ grants for installation are now only available for installations in blocks of flats or rented accommodation. These installations will be subject to a site survey and will be quoted individually.
- If your current electrical installation does not meet the required legal standard for the installation to continue, we are obliged by regulations to fit the following extras:
- i) A New 5 Way consumer Unit with built in surge protection. The cost should be agreed with your installer before installation.
- ii) Gas or Water Earth bonding: £30.00 up to 5m and £5.00 p/m thereafter. This too will be agreed with installer prior to installation.
- £50/hour plus materials over and above the 2.5 hour standard slot. Upon arrival on site for the installation the engineer will assess and check the compliance of the install with the standard installation criteria, if for example the cable run is longer than 10m the extra cost will be agreed and the customer will be required to sign an additional cost submission form before work can commence.
- Aborted visits: £80.00
- Cancelled appointments with only 24 hours notice £80.00, if a coloured charger is ordered these are made to order and are subject to a restocking charge of 25% of total cost.
- Customer to provide parking and access to welfare facilities.
Please refer to the manufacturer Warranty page for more information.
Limitation of Liability
No liability of any nature shall be incurred or accepted by GLYD Electric for any loss, costs or damage caused by any use and/or misuse of our products, except when caused by our negligence.